Since life isn’t normal right now, I’ve decided this week’s Roundup won’t be normal either. Instead of picking three of my favorite posts this week, I’ve decided to share all of the blog posts right now written by women in the personal finance space. These are in order of publication date. I hope they are helpful to you financially – and mentally – right now.
We’re all in this together, and since it’s what we’re all thinking about anyway, here’s a list of more reading. Even better, for the blogs that have ads / affiliate links on them, clicking and reading on them can be a way to help support others while finances aren’t so stable without needing to spend a dollar yourself.
Women’s Personal Finance Wednesdays – Coronavirus/Bear Market Roundup (i.e. Week 76)
March 4, 2020
- PrepperFI vs The Pandemic That Frugal Pharmacist
March 9, 2020
- How to Prepare Financially for the Coronavirus Michelle is Money Hungry
- How We Got 100% of Our Trip Refunded During The COVID-19 Pandemic Eat Sleep Breathe FI
March 10, 2020
- Why a Pandemic Won’t Derail Your Investing We Want Guac
March 11, 2020
- Clorox Wipes, Classrooms, and COVID-19: A Lesson in Accepting Help She Picks Up Pennies
- Social Distancing with Kids: Making it Work Dandelion Seeds
- The Coronavirus is a Bigger Deal Than I Thought Eat Sleep Breathe FI
March 12, 2020
- Coronavirus, Oil & Your Investments: What to Do Now Smart Money Mamas
- Money in the Time of Coronavirus Bravely
- What Now? Prepare. And Help. #kindnessfightscovid Chief Mom Officer
March 13, 2020
- How to Stay Sane Working From Home – An Extrovert’s Guide Financial Mechanic
March 14, 2020
- Hunkered Down During COVID-19? Make Something. Zero Waste Chef
March 15, 2020
- #1hourchallenge Disabled Girl On FIRE
- How to Protect Your Health and Money as a Gig Worker I Like To Dabble
- Stay Home Frugalish Physician
March 16, 2020
- How will Coronavirus impact your finances, student loans, 401k, and travel plans? Making Sense of Cents
- It’s Okay to Panic: How to Prepare for a Disaster The Fioneers
- Love in the Time of Coronavirus: How to Protect Your Community and Your Soul from COVID-19 Bitches Get Riches
- Staying Positive, Cautious and Invested During a National Emergency Recovering Women Wealth
- Take What You Need Now She Picks Up Pennies
- Why This Market Drop Isn’t Freaking Me Out Along The Camel Ride
March 17, 2020
- Social fiscal responsibility in a pandemic Freedom FIter
March 18, 2020
- How to Maintain Your Financial Health During Coronavirus Radical FIRE
- How We’re Managing Our Money During the Coronavirus Pandemic Frugalwoods
- Our emergency preparedness supplies for COVID-19 and beyond Ecofrugals
If you’ve read or written something about COVID-19 or the recent stock market drops, please share here! (Women only) I’d love for this to be a comprehensive list of what’s been written to date.
Sending love to you all. Life definitely won’t be back to normal next week, but in theory I’ll go back to a normal roundup then.
As always, if you’re looking for a categorized list of self identified women writing and speaking about personal finance, here is my comprehensive guide to the Women of the Financial Independence Community.
PS – if you’ve missed what I’ve written about the Coronavirus so far (being in Washington means we’re “ahead” of most places in the United States), you can read them all here.
17 thoughts on “Women’s Personal Finance Wednesdays: Coronavirus/Recession Roundup”
I wrote something yesterday:
Added to the list!
Thanks for the round up – I’d read some of these but will be needing some late-night anxiety reads XD And this reminded me to actually write my own post.
Thanks for putting together this roundup, Angela. I’ve read a few of these already, but will definitely check out some others, too.
For parents teaching their kids at home for the first time.
Also, The Prudent Homemaker has a ton of great ideas for living on less and home schooling for free/cheap. Her site is probably the most practical and useful blog I have ever read, and I read a lot.
She’s great! I follow her on Insta.
Thank you for compiling all these posts and for continuing to promote women writing on personal finance. Here’s my contribution. I hope people stay well and that we do continue to socially isolate and spend when we can. So much of the economy is interdependent that flattening the curve (less uncertainty) continuing to spend will help get us back to normal! I also included some resources on where to give to help others get through this tough time.
I wrote a little about this on Monday, as I struggled with the costs of preparing for probable self-quarantine in the future.
I know I personally have a lot of anxiety about what is going on but I found it helpful to write about it. We are going to be changed by this in so many ways, we might as well try to make the best of it.
Thank you for having a lengthy list of content. I will have plenty to read during this containment process!
Nice round up! Thanks for including me! 🙂
I wrote two things: https://scantylifestyle.com/2020/03/14/back-by-unpopular-demand-the-brexit-closet-why-social-distancing-is-vital/ and https://scantylifestyle.com/2020/03/22/coronavirus-budget-hackathon/
I’m a little late to this party, but I wrote a post. I tried writing it from my phone and lost a few sections. I have no idea how you do that on a regular basis! Here’s the link: https://www.onefrugalgirl.com/2020/03/feeling-positive-in-spite-of-coronavirus/
Did you write directly into the WordPress app?